Sunday, May 2, 2010

California




Had a great opportunity to go to Terrenea Resort in Palo Verdes, California and it was absolutely amazing. Would highly recommend this beautiful resort. It is located on the former site of Marineland where the TV show Sea Hunt was filmed (not to mention many other movies and tv shows including all three Pirates of the Caribbean movies)

What does this trip have to do with my art blog? Actually a little bit since I got to see a couple of friends who I don't get to see that often. The first was John Culbertson who co wrote the Spirit House webcomic with me and who shares my birthday on August Six.



I also got to see a friend of mine who I hadn't seen in over eleven years, Wade von Grawbadger. Many years ago when he lived on the East Coast, I worked as an inking apprentice for Wade. We both love baseball so we headed to Dodger Stadium for the Season Opener. It was sold out but we managed to get tickets. They do Season Openers right in LA. Leann Rhimes sang the Star Spangled Banner, Will I Am threw out the first pitch and Larry King declared the Season opened. Toss in a giant flag, fireworks and fighter jets for good measure. It was a great game and a lot of fun.



Wade has worked on a ton of comic books over his long career and he is considered one of the best inkers in the business. You can catch his work next on the highly anticipated New Avengers relaunch from Marvel Comics. The series is written by Brian Bendis with art supplied by fan fave Stuart Immonen and Wade. You can also buy original art from Wade through his exclusive dealer at Fanfare. Check out his work and pick up New Avengers in June.





No comments:

Post a Comment